You know you’re Canadian when…you shoot outdoor blog photos when it’s -20°C (-4 °F)!
Okay, I won’t lie. That shoot was incredibly painful, but at the same time, it was a fun adventure. It had been quite a while since Matt and I shot any photos together and earlier in the week, we discussed the idea of shooting over the weekend. At the time, we didn’t anticipate the frigid temperatures, but when the weekend came, we decided to go with it anyways.
We ended up at a local golf course, which meant we had a bit of a hike to find a good spot to shoot at. It only took about 10 seconds before we were both freezing. His fingers were half frozen and my glasses kept fogging up from my breath, but we survived! After our quick shoot (that felt like a long one!), we went to a local coffee shop to defrost. Apparently, we’re gluttons for punishment because after we finished our drinks, we went out again to shoot more photos! In hindsight, I’m really glad we did, because the lighting was beautiful and I love how those shots turned out.
Simple Things That Make Me Happy:
On another note, today I read an awesome post from my friend Rach of RD’s Obsessions. She shared a list of some of the simple things in life that make her happy. I agree with almost everything on her list and I was inspired share some more little things that make me happy:
- That first bite of a delicious meal
- And on a similar note, that first sip of an amazing coffee (or glass of wine…or beer)
- Having a really awesome conversation with someone
- Waking up right before my alarm goes off in the morning
- That feeling you get, right after completing a workout
- Feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin
- Doing something that’s just a little bit crazy (like shooting blog photos outdoors on one of the coldest days of the year) 🙂