Happy Sunday! For most of the past week, I’ve been sick with a cold, so my week was incredibly uneventful. I was so worried about having to take the time off from work, but my boss was very understanding. You see, a couple of people at work have had to leave recently due to illnesses. Fortunately, they have both taken out disability insurance so they will not be without money.
It must be so hard having to say goodbye to a job you love at the same time as dealing with an illness. In fact, the whole situation has definitely made me think more seriously about taking out disability insurance in the future. If I was unable to work for a long period of time, I am not sure how I would manage financially, but disability insurance could help me to stay afloat. You can learn more about disability insurance by taking a look at the answers to common questions such as ‘what is long term disability insurance?‘ online. It is never too soon to take out disability insurance either.
Anyway, I suppose what I am trying to say is that I cannot wait to get back to the office once I am feeling better. I miss working with my team! Perhaps the business should consider letting people do their work from home when they’re ill. That way, everyone can still do their work and they can ensure everyone else in the office doesn’t get stick either. As long as businesses use a unified communications provider, all employees should still be able to collaborate on projects, even if some of them are at home with illness. That could ensure that work can continue as normal. Maybe more businesses should consider that. Anyway, aside from a trip to McDonald’s for McNuggets, I didn’t really leave the house until Friday. It’s almost embarrassing to type that out, but it’s true. Even now, I’m feeling a lot better than I was, but I’m still not 100% myself. As you can probably imagine, I’m completely over it!
- Why I’m Forgiving the Woman Who Bullied Me at Toronto Fashion Week – I can’t believe someone had the nerve to be so rude to a complete stranger, but Kayla’s take on the situation is refreshing.
- 6 Benefits of Instagram Insights for Bloggers – I was really surprised by number 6. Now I need to figure out a way to use the information!
- Dressing Room Diaries – Without realizing it, I did a similar dressing room diaries from my trip to Smithery Style last week, but in video form. I think I want to do more of these. Thoughts?
- My Best Tips for Working From Home – I have a lot to work on…
- Flourless Peanut Button Chocolate Chip Brookies – These look and sound delicious!
- Roasted Asparagus With Lemon, Feta and Pistachios – Even though I love plain roasted asparagus, it can get a little bit boring. Why not try spicing things up a bit?
- White Cheddar Stove Top Mac and Cheese – Have you ever made mac and cheese from scratch?
- Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies – Since I’m craving peanut butter this week, I want to make these too!
- Madewell Side Lace-Up Cardigan – I love the detailing on this cardigan!
- 7 For All Mankind Josefina Jeans – One of my all-time favourite boyfriend jeans, in a perfect medium wash.
- J.Crew Ruffle Sleeve Top – This top is not only adorable, but it’s also a really great price point.
- Topshop Alexa Bit Mule – Coming in at well under $100, these are a great Gucci dupe.
- Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick – Yes, these live up to the hype!