Even though you’d never know it based on the weather, the official first day of summer is less than a month away! I’m excited because – SUMMER!!!
Realistically though, as a blogger and content creator, I love the beginning of any season.
Because the change in season opens up a whole new world of possibilities for creating blog content! YAY!
Think about it. A new season brings forth a need for different types of clothing and skincare products. You also have different holidays to look forward to. The types of food and drinks we like to consume differ with the season. We like to spend our free time doing different types of activities. Ultimately, life completely different in the summer than it is in the winter.
The world of blogging and social media moves at lightning speed. As a result, there’s a constant demand to come up with new, creative and useful content that people actually want to read. No one cares about cold weather skincare tips in July, but they do care about the best beauty products with SPF. As bloggers, we need to keep that in mind when we plan out our content.
I’ve come to learn that there are a lot of content creators who plan their content months in advance. Those people get major props from me. I’ve never been able to plan more than a month in advance! Sometimes, I have a general idea of certain topics I’d like to cover ahead of time, but for the most part – I just wing it. (Hm. Maybe I shouldn’t admit that?)
Even though I don’t technically have my calendar planned out for the next few months, I do have a ton of summer blog post ideas. That’s something, right?
Having a list of ideas on hand can really help when inspiration starts to dry up a little bit. Since I’m so nice (lol), I wanted to share some of these ideas with you! I don’t mind sharing these ideas because everyone has a different style and approach to the way they create content. So, even with the same topic ideas, I know that no two posts will end up the same.
So, here’s 20 summer blog post ideas to keep in mind over the next few months!
20 Summer Blog Post Ideas
Summer Blog Post Ideas for Fashion Bloggers
- Your go-to summer outfit formula (I often wear an outfit like this)
- What to wear on Canada Day (or the 4th of July)
- Favourite Summer Bags
- What to wear to a summer wedding
- How to style your favourite comfortable sandals
- What to wear to the cottage (I did this last year)
- Best summer accessories under $100
Summer Blog Post Ideas for Beauty Bloggers
- Favourite sunless tanning products
- Best bronzers
- Favourite summer lipsticks (I love Julia’s recommendations)
- Hairstyle Ideas for when it’s too hot to care
- Quick summer makeup tutorial
- Tips to keep your makeup fresh when it’s hot outside
Summer Blog Posts Ideas for Lifestyle + Food Bloggers
- Ultimate summer bucket list
- Easy BBQ recipe
- Summer party must-haves (I did this last year and it was one of my favourite posts of the season)
- An Instagrammer’s guide to summer in [your city]
- Recipe for a refreshing summer cocktail
- Your summer workout routine
- Best patios in [your city]
Let me know if you have any other summer blog post ideas to share!
See Also – More blogging tips