If you saw my recent post on Instagram stories, you’d already know this, but last week, I lost my job. As a result, I’ve found myself with some extra time (and creativity) on my hands. I don’t intend to go back to blogging full-time, but I’m fortunate that I have this platform. Without it, I honestly think I would have lost my mind already. Applying for jobs is not fun – and everyone needs a mental break from that during the day!
The other morning when I was about to get ready, inspiration hit to try and shoot a GRWM makeup application video, so I ran with it. It definitely ain’t fancy, but hopefully it’s entertaining in some way. Every time I attempt to create video content, I’m reminded that it is NOT easy! It’s certainly a lot easier to edit a series of still photographs than it is to edit a video. I also don’t have the fancy equipment or a proper working set up, since I haven’t focused much on video. It wasn’t ideal, but I shot this video on my phone, which I placed on a tripod on the ledge of my window. That’s why the lighting is out of whack…and why you can see floating dust particles, LOL.
- Guerlain Abeille Royale Youth Watery Oil – This beautiful oil combines the power of a serum, the richness of an oil and the freshness of a lotion. It makes my skin instantly feel bright and fresh, especially when I’m tired.
- Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional Pearl Primer – A soft, brightening primer, which minimizes the look of pores/fine lines and helps lock in makeup. I really like the hint of pink, but the original formula is great too.
- Maybelline Super Stay Full Coverage Foundation – This is a great foundation, especially for the price. It truly is full coverage and has a nice staying power.
- Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing Hydrating Concealer – While this isn’t my favourite concealer of theirs, I love the easily application (it’s in stick form!) and hydrating formula.
- Elizabeth Arden High Performance Blurring Loose Powder – I use this powder to help set my makeup, as well as for it’s blurring properties. It helps me create a simple flawless look!
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer – …Because I love bronzer and always use more than any real makeup artist would recommend. This one has a gorgeous, natural-looking finish.
- Lise Watier 5-Colour Eyeshadow Palette – This eyeshadow is highly pigmented and has a rich, creamy powder texture. I received these as a PR-sample, and while these aren’t my “typical” go-to colours, I really like the formula. I’m not a fan of the applicators it comes with, so I recommend using a separate shadow brush.
- Pixi Beauty Endless Silky Eye Pen – I don’t usually use pencil liner on my top lid, but I do love using it on the bottom. It glides on beautifully and because it’s waterproof, is also long-lasting.
- Pixi Beauty Black Lacquer Lash Primer – This black lash primer preps, plumps and protects lashes. It also has a curved applicator to help curl lashes before applying mascara.
- Lise Watier V Element Volcanic Minerals Mascara – This volumizing mascara is formulated with volcanic water, rich in minerals – calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper and silica. Its formula helps to revitalize and protect lashes from external aggressors. Believe it or not, I’ve never used Lise Watier mascaras until recently, but I like this one! It gives my lashes a lot of volume and doesn’t get clumpy or flakey.
Finishing Touches –
- Benefit Cosmetics GALifornia Blush – One of my favourites for it’s beautiful golden pink colour and subtle grapefruit-y, vanilla scent.
- NARS Man Ray Highlighter (Similar) – This was a limited edition highlighter for holiday 2017, but I’ve used other NARS highlighters and they’re always beautiful. They last all day too!
- Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Brow Pencil – My favourite brow pencil because it’s easy to use, and quickly lets me fill in and shape my brows. Read more about it here.
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow – This is one of the first brow products I’ve ever used! It’s a brow-volumizing tinted gel, with tiny micro-fibers that works to create natural-looking fullness and definition. Read more about it here.
- Maybelline Super Stay Matte Liquid Lipstick – Y’all know from this post that I’m obsessed with the long-lasting formula. I got couple of new shades recently and love them too!
So….after typing out this list of products, I guess that’s kind of a lot of products?? The entire look only took me about 12 minutes from start to finish, while filming, so it was quite simple!